Terms of Submission
If you’re under 18, please make sure that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these terms before you submit photos, text, or other content or information to PETA, ’cause we don’t want to get yelled at.
- The material that you create for submission to PETA Kids may make use of the PETA Kids logo. “PETA” is a registered trademark of the Foundation to Support Animal Protection (doing business as the PETA Foundation), and PETA owns the rights to the PETA Kids name and logo. You acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You do not acquire any rights to the PETA Kids name and/or logo by our providing them to you for use in any submitted materials.
- Your right to use the PETA Kids name and/or logo is restricted to this single use. If you wish to use the PETA Kids name and/or logo on other items or in other way, please contact us at [email protected].
- PETA reserves the right to withdraw permission for you to use the PETA Kids name and/or logo at any time.
- Any and all photos, text, and other content or information submitted by you will become PETA’s property, and we will have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any photos or information so submitted. So if you want a copy of the photo, drawing, etc., that you send us, you’d better make one, ’cause we don’t have to share.
- You understand that because we become the owner of all photos, text, and other content or information submitted by you, PETA and its officers, directors, employees, successors, and assigns may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, modify, publish, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise make use of the submitted photos, text, and other content or information in any and all media—whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose, without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting any photo, text, or other content or information to PETA, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo, text, or other content or information does not infringe on any copyright or trademark, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to transfer the photo, text, or other content or information to PETA free and clear of any claims or encumbrances. You don’t get properly famous by stealing other people’s work—it’s just lame.
- You acknowledge and agree that PETA shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any photo, text, content, or other information submitted by you. So don’t take it personally if we don’t post your work. It’s not that we don’t want to—it’s just that there’s no way that we could possibly post all the awesome stuff that you all send us. This Web site just isn’t that big!
- You further understand and intend that any photo, text, and other content or information submitted by you to PETA may be available for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You understand that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo, text, or other content or information that you submit to PETA. By submitting any photo, text, or other content or information to PETA, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo, text, or other content or information submitted by you to PETA. If you don’t want the whole world to see it, don’t send it to us.
- You hereby agree to hold PETA and its officers, directors, employees, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with PETA’s use of the photos, text, or other content or information submitted by you to PETA and used in any manner in PETA’s sole and absolute discretion.