Free “Friend to Pigeons” Coloring Sheet!
A lot of people see pigeons every day. You could see them on a walk in a park, in a parking lot, on your way to school, or even outside your bedroom window. It’s true that pigeons may not look like you. (After all, you don’t have feathers, right?) But they’re like us in a lot of ways!
And just like us, pigeons are misunderstood at times and treated badly—simply because they’re different. And that’s always wrong. Sometimes, people chase them or think they’re dirty. But if you’re a kind kid, you know that animals deserve to be in the park just as much as you do. Also, have you ever looked closely at a pigeon? They have such beautifully colored feathers.
You can help pigeons just by letting them live their lives in peace and encouraging others to do the same. Here’s how:
- Never chase pigeons, throw things at them, or do anything else to scare or hurt them.
- If you see a friend chasing one, kindly ask him or her to stop or tell an adult what’s happening. Put yourself in the animal’s place: You wouldn’t want to be chased out of your home by a giant creature, would you?
Fill in this coloring sheet to tell everyone you know, “I’m a friend to pigeons!” Hang it on your fridge or in your room to remind yourself and others who see it to be kind to the animals we share the world with. Just follow these steps:
1. Print out this free coloring sheet. Then grab your favorite colored pencils, crayons, or markers and get to work.
2. Hang it on your fridge or in your locker.
3. When you’ve finished coloring your free activity sheet, snap a picture of it. Then ask one of your parents to e-mail the photo, along with your mailing address, to [email protected] so that you can get free stickers! (But remember: We can only send stickers to addresses in the U.S. and Canada.)
Under 13? Ask your parents bee-fore you continue!