Show Your Love for Animals This Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is all about love. It’s the perfect day to show animals just how much you care about them—and there’s no better way to do that than by going vegan! From candy to crafts, here are some of our favorite ideas for a perfectly vegan Valentine’s Day:
1. Make vegan chocolate-covered strawberries.
Ask a grown-up to help, then follow these easy steps:
- Melt vegan chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Make sure you stir them every few seconds so they don’t burn!
- Dip whole strawberries into the melted chocolate.
- Lay the chocolate-covered strawberries on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Put them in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
- Share them with people you love! (But don’t give any to your animal friends, because chocolate is poisonous to them.)
2. Make your animal companion a sweet treat or a fun toy.
Our animal companions need love, too (not just on this holiday but every day). So do something extra-special for them by either making your dog a tasty treat or making your cat a fun and easy DIY toy.
3. Watch an animal-themed movie with someone you love.
Make a big bowl of vegan popcorn, grab a cozy blanket, and cuddle up with your animal friends and your family. Here are some of our favorite animal-themed movies.
4. Give out vegan Valentine’s Day candies.
- Smarties Love Hearts Candy Rolls
- Brach’s Jube Jel Cherry Hearts
- Chocolate to the Rescue Bar
- Ring Pop Cupid Packs
- Sjaak’s Dark Chocolate Hearts
- Sjaak’s “Bear Hug” Dark Chocolate Gummy Heart
5. Make and give out animal-themed Valentine’s Day cards.
Who doesn’t love getting a valentine? Grab your crayons, colored pencils, or markers and make your own animal-themed valentines—or check out these premade ones. Then take a look at these fun stickers that you could include with your cards!