Fired Up! The BEST Vegan BBQ Foods
If your mouth waters every time you think about BBQ sauce, summer might be your favorite time of year. Some people look forward to putting dead animals on the grill—but not us! We get excited about all the delicious vegan foods that are out there. Whether you’re having a big family party or your parents are just firing up the grill for dinner, check out these animal-friendly ideas for summertime cookouts.
Throw These on the Grill
Some of these foods may surprise you, but trust us—they’re even tastier when grilled:
- Cauliflower steaks
- Corn on the cob
- Fruit skewers
- Kebabs with tofu, peppers, mushrooms, and onions (or any other veggies that you like)
- Portobello mushrooms
- Sweet potatoes
Hot dogs are a classic BBQ food! Here are our fave animal-friendly veggie dogs:
- Lightlife Smart Dogs
- Field Roast Sausages: Italian Sausage, Mexican Chipotle Sausage, Smoked Apple Sage Sausage, Frankfurters, and Bratwurst Sausage
- Field Roast Miniature Corn Dogs
- Beyond Sausage: Original Brat and Hot Italian
- Tofurky Jumbo Hot Dogs
- Tofurky Artisan Sausage: Spinach Pesto and Zesty Andouille
- Tofurky Original Sausage: Italian, Kielbasa, and Beer Brats
Or try making your own carrot hot dogs:
If there aren’t any burgers, is it even a BBQ? There are so many vegan patties that we could list here, but here are the ones that would impress even meat-eaters:
- 365 Everyday Value Plant-Based Burgers
- Beyond Meat: Beyond Burger and Beyond Beef (to make your own burger)
- Gardein: The Ultimate Beefless Burger, Ultimate Plant-Based Burger, Garden Veggie Burger, Chipotle Black Bean Burger, and Crispy Chick’n Patty
- Lightlife Plant-Based Burger
- Trader Joe’s: Protein Patties and Turkeyless Protein Patties
Don’t forget about the sides! You can still enjoy classic side dishes like pasta salad and potato salad—just use your fave vegan mayo. We like Follow Your Heart’s Vegenaise.
We love BBQ sauce because it’s almost always vegan. Just check the label to make sure that it doesn’t contain any honey.
Remember that summer cookouts are a great chance to show your family and friends how delicious vegan food is!