Denny’s: Open for Vegan Food 24/7
Denny’s is known for its Grand Slam breakfast, but it turns out that it hits it out of the park with its vegan options, too!
Denny’s has vegan options for every meal. Even better? It’s open 24 hours a day, so you can have breakfast foods for dinner, enjoy a veggie burger at 3 a.m. if you’re on a road trip with your family, or pop in for a fun after-school snack.
The restaurant is super-accommodating in helping you figure out what to order. It has a menu that shows the ingredients that are in all its items, so you can easily avoid anything with meat, eggs, and dairy “products.”
Here’s a list of all its vegan menu items:
- Grits or Oatmeal (Ask that they be made with water instead of milk.)
- Hash Browns (Add bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and avocado to make them extra delicious.)
- Red-Skinned Potatoes
- Regular English Muffin (Be sure to avoid the gluten-free muffin, which contains dairy “products,” and use jam or jelly instead of butter.)
- Slices of Toast (Ask for potato, multigrain wheat, or seven-grain bread, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.)
You can add tortillas to these for 99 cents. Request that one of these options be cooked without butter or margarine:
- Fit Fare Veggie Skillet (Ask for it without egg whites.)
- Hearty Breakfast Skillet (Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.)
- Santa Fe Skillet (Ask for it without chorizo sausage, eggs, or cheese.)
- Supreme Skillet (Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.)
- French Fries
- Fresh Sautéed Zucchini & Squash
- Garden Salad (The balsamic vinaigrette, French dressing, and Italian dressing are all vegan.)
- Seasonal Fruit
- Seasoned Fries
- Sweet Petite Corn
Build Your Own Burger (comes with lettuce, pickles, red onions, and tomato)
- The veggie patty is vegan! You can even make it a double by ordering an extra patty.
- Choose the brioche or the whole-wheat bun.
- Skip the cheese for now. We hope Denny’s will have vegan cheese someday.
- Load it up with toppings like caramelized onions, fresh avocado, ketchup, mustard, sautéed mushrooms, sliced jalapeños, and sweet & tangy BBQ sauce.
There you have it—it’s so easy to eat vegan at Denny’s! Plus, it’s great to show everyone that you can eat anywhere, even at places that might not seem vegan-friendly.