Guide to Eating Vegan at Chipotle
Ask any of your friends, and pretty much everyone can agree that Chipotle is bomb. The best part? It’s one of the EASIEST food chains to order vegan meals at, and odds are you have a Chipotle location in your city.
You really can’t go wrong with any of the vegan options there. These handy steps will break down how to order.
1. Decide on what type of meal you want. Your choices are:
- Burrito bowl
- Soft flour tortilla tacos
- Crispy corn tortilla tacos
2. Now it’s time to choose the main filling. Chipotle’s vegan option is Sofritas, which is seasoned tofu that’s really tasty and just a little bit spicy. Or you can always opt to do just veggies if you don’t want tofu.
3. Next, you can customize your meal with these other fillings:
- The white and brown rice are both vegan.
- Both the black beans and the pinto beans are good to go, too!
- Add fajita veggies if you want.
4. Last are the toppings. Here are the vegan ones:
- Fresh tomato salsa (mild)
- Tomatillo green-chili salsa (medium)
- Roasted chili-corn salsa (medium)
- Tomatillo red-chili salsa (hot)
- Romaine lettuce
- Guacamole (which is an extra charge)
5. Want to add some sides? No prob. You can get chips and salsa, chips and guac, or just chips.
The moral of the story is just about everything is vegan here, except the meat, cheese, and sour cream (the usual suspects). 🙂
Final Chipotle-pro hack: Order the bowl option and get chips. Use the chips to scoop instead of a fork!