More vegan noms!
Get Your Vegan Pizza Delivery On
We all love a good homemade vegan pizza—right?
But what about those times when you just feel like getting delivery from the closest chain? Or when you’re at your friend’s birthday party and you don’t want to be the only kid who doesn’t eat any of the pizza they’re ordering? What do you do then?!
Have no fear! We’ve got some great news for you: Most pizza chains that deliver are totally vegan-friendly. Follow these simple tips, and you’ll find yourself nommin’ on vegan pizza from pretty much anywhere:
- Since the most popular pizza chains don’t offer vegan cheese (yet!), we suggest that you try cheeseless pizza. It’s actually super-good—especially if you’re prepared with your own vegan ranch dressing and red pepper flakes to spice it up. Once you get used to pizza without cheese (trust us, it happens quickly), you’ll find that you’ll have a lot more opportunities to eat pizza—which is always a good thing.
- Order extra sauce. You can usually get it for free in place of cheese.
- Treat yourself, and go crazy with veggie toppings. Up the flavor with zesty garlic and banana peppers, or make a yummy sweet ‘n’ savory pizza by throwing some pineapple on with your veggies. Aaaaand—just like that—our mouths are watering.
What to Order
At Papa John’s:
- The sauce and original hand-tossed dough are vegan, so go ahead and order your veggie pizza as usual—just skip the cheese!
- Be a wild child with all the veggie toppings Papa John’s has to offer.
- BONUS: Order the garlic, BBQ, or Buffalo dipping sauce (completely vegan!) or ask for BBQ sauce on your pizza. Are you getting hungry yet? We are.
- Order the thin crust (the other kinds aren’t vegan) and regular sauce.
- Get all the veggie toppings your vegan-pizza-lovin’ heart desires.
- BONUS: Kick up the yum factor by ordering some dipping cups on the side. The Garlic Dipping Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Kicker Hot Sauce, and Sweet Mango Habanero Sauce are all animal-free. Woohoo!
At Little Caesars:
- Order the regular crust and regular sauce—both are vegan.
- Go to town on the veggie toppings (as always).
- BONUS: You can special-order the Crazy Bread without Parmesan cheese, along with some Crazy Sauce on the side. Fair warning: Once you start eating this stuff, you may never stop—it’s that good.
At Pizza Hut:
- Order the regular or sweet pizza sauce and either the Thin ‘N Crispy or Hand-Tossed crust (the others aren’t vegan).
- Knock yourself out with veggie toppings!
- BONUS: The dessert pizza crust is also vegan. You’re welcome.
OK, so you’ve had a delicious vegan pizza delivered to your front door and you’re about to nom—but if you want to take it to the next level, here are a few quick tips:
- Have some dairy-free cheese or vegan meats at home? Ask your parents to preheat the oven while you wait for the pizza to arrive. Once it does, add your toppings and slide it into the oven. In a few minutes, you’ll have a super-fancy (and super-“cheesy”) vegan pizza!
- To get your “cheese” fix without using an oven, sprinkle some nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan over your pizza.
- Ask for extra red pepper packets—you can never have too much spice in your life (or on your pizza!).
See, being vegan is almost too easy—even when you’re getting your pizza delivered. Now, go pop in a movie and ask your parents to call your closest pizza chain. 🙂